- 2 cups basmati rice
- 500g rump steak cut into thin strips
- 2 level teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 500g packet frozen mixed stir fry vegetables
- 200g pack baby pak choy, leaves separated
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 40 g blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Olive oil spray
Cook rice according to pack instructions. Drain well. Meanwhile place the strips of meat and pepper in a clean, dry plastic bag, twist to close the bag and shake to coat the meat with the pepper.
Spray a non-stick wok or frying pan with oil and heat. Stir-fry the peppered meat in 2 batches over a high heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until browned and tender. Remove from wok and keep warm.
Reheat wok, add almonds and stir-fry until golden then remove with a slotted spoon. Add garlic, spring onion and remaining vegetables and stir for 5 - 6 minutes until tender but still crisp. Drizzle in the oyster sauce and honey to wok and stir through.
Return beef to the wok and toss until heated through.
Just before serving stir in the toasted nuts and chopped coriander leaves.